Habitat for Humanity Monterey County – Resource Development Director
Summary: Responsible for leading Habitat for Humanity Monterey Bay’s resource development efforts. The primary focus of this role is to identify, organize and manage the fundraising activities of the affiliate with a focus on new possibilities for increased support from corporations, public and private funding organizations, faith communities, and individuals.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with Executive Director (ED), Resource Development Committee, Board, and staff to develop and implement a long-range development plan that compliments the affiliate’s funding/sponsorship goals.
- Perform prospect research on corporate, organizational, faith community, foundation, civic, and individual donors to determine sponsorships, gifts, grants, events, and collaborative activities in order to raise funds.
- Make public appearances and presentations as required to solicit funding and sponsorship support.
- Develop and implement cultivation strategies that include built in “next moves,” solicitation strategies that include closing components and stewardship/recognition strategies that lead to subsequent gifts.
- Organize fundraising events such as the Shadowbrook Dinner, Human Race, OAT, etc.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to cultivate volunteers as donors and donors as volunteers.
- Create or arrange for appropriate materials and tools necessary for raising funds, including website, newsletter, brochures, annual reports, campaign materials, PowerPoint shows, videos, homeowner testimonials, etc.
- Identify potential grant resources and be responsible for completing grant proposals and applications.
- Develop budgets and monitor expenses related to the development function.
- Maintain complete, accurate records of all fundraising events and activities.
- Update records regularly from data from direct mail cards, calls, and other sources. Use database to coordinate fund development activities and donor retention and recognition programs.
- Coordinate public outreach efforts including the development of public outreach materials such as print and electronic newsletters, direct mail, press releases, free and paid advertising, brochures, social media and web site for all family selection, home groundbreakings, dedications etc.
- Demonstrated ability to raise money through individual and corporate giving programs, including major gifts, membership programs, and sponsorships; special events; and grant writing. Planned giving/bequests/endowment experience a plus.
- Experience with planning, managing, executing, monitoring, and evaluating projects and meeting deadline and a demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and communicate in a fast-paced, limited-resource environment;
- A “people” person with exceptional verbal, written, listening, and presentation skills; strong leadership, networking, organizational, and motivational skills;
- Database management experience and the ability to maintain accurate records and prepare timely and meaningful reports;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Excel. Experience with web site design and Constant Contact is desired, but not required.
- Team player/able to work collaboratively and effectively with and among diverse populations. Must also be able to make decisions and solve problems independently and effectively;
- Commitment to Habitat’s mission and principles.
Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, or disability.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit resume and letter of interest to Habitat for Humanity Monterey Bay email email@example.com subject line Director Resource Development
Butte County Development Manager
Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope. Habitat partners with families in our community to help them build strength, stability, and self-reliance through affordable housing. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside other volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage.
Since our founding over 25 years ago, Habitat for Humanity of Butte County has built 32 homes. Now, as a result of the devastating Camp Fire, we are significantly increasing the number and variety of homes we build. We are actively participating in the re-build effort with 2 homes under construction, 8 in the design stages and another 8 planned. Habitat is committed to help alleviate the affordable housing crisis and, in doing so we play a unique and vital role. We are depending on charitable donations to finance our plans to re-house families in Butte County.,
The Development Manager is responsible for successfully creating and implementing the affiliate’s Development plan.
The position involves broad responsibility for the design and successful execution of fundraising strategies and programs including: managing and expanding the major donor program, strategically growing our charitable investments from corporations, foundations and institutions, creating and executing a comprehensive donor Stewardship program, establishing and maintaining a sound donor data management system and administering our core fundraising programs such as direct mail, donor acquisition, grants, donor events, Planned Giving and coordination with our marketing and public relations activities.
Working with a fundraising consulting firm, we have recently completed an analysis of our donor base and an assessment of our Development program. The position will work closely with Habitat’s Executive Team team consisting of the Executive Director, ReStore Director, Volunteer Coordinator, Family Support Coordination and Construction Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in fund development and/or marketing
- Knowledge of and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of and proficient in donor database systems – Donor Perfect knowledge highly desired.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong sense of personal accountability and follow-through.
- Ability to stay organized, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated professional integrity, ethics and respect of confidential donor-related information are paramount.
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple activities
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- The ability to build effective working relationships with volunteers, donors and colleagues.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Must have ability to prepare clear and concise oral and written reports.
JOB TITLE: Development Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
COMPENSATION RANGE: $55,000 – $65,000 (benefits include medical, dental, life insurance and a Simple IRA)
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
HOW TO APPLY: Submit resume and letter of interest to Habitat for Humanity of Butte County to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Development Manager.
Closing Date September 25, 2019.
Full job description available on website at www.buttehabitat.org.