Habitat for Humanity Monterey County – Resource Development Director
Summary: Responsible for leading Habitat for Humanity Monterey Bay’s resource development efforts. The primary focus of this role is to identify, organize and manage the fundraising activities of the affiliate with a focus on new possibilities for increased support from corporations, public and private funding organizations, faith communities, and individuals.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with Executive Director (ED), Resource Development Committee, Board, and staff to develop and implement a long-range development plan that compliments the affiliate’s funding/sponsorship goals.
- Perform prospect research on corporate, organizational, faith community, foundation, civic, and individual donors to determine sponsorships, gifts, grants, events, and collaborative activities in order to raise funds.
- Make public appearances and presentations as required to solicit funding and sponsorship support.
- Develop and implement cultivation strategies that include built in “next moves,” solicitation strategies that include closing components and stewardship/recognition strategies that lead to subsequent gifts.
- Organize fundraising events such as the Shadowbrook Dinner, Human Race, OAT, etc.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to cultivate volunteers as donors and donors as volunteers.
- Create or arrange for appropriate materials and tools necessary for raising funds, including website, newsletter, brochures, annual reports, campaign materials, PowerPoint shows, videos, homeowner testimonials, etc.
- Identify potential grant resources and be responsible for completing grant proposals and applications.
- Develop budgets and monitor expenses related to the development function.
- Maintain complete, accurate records of all fundraising events and activities.
- Update records regularly from data from direct mail cards, calls, and other sources. Use database to coordinate fund development activities and donor retention and recognition programs.
- Coordinate public outreach efforts including the development of public outreach materials such as print and electronic newsletters, direct mail, press releases, free and paid advertising, brochures, social media and web site for all family selection, home groundbreakings, dedications etc.
- Demonstrated ability to raise money through individual and corporate giving programs, including major gifts, membership programs, and sponsorships; special events; and grant writing. Planned giving/bequests/endowment experience a plus.
- Experience with planning, managing, executing, monitoring, and evaluating projects and meeting deadline and a demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and communicate in a fast-paced, limited-resource environment;
- A “people” person with exceptional verbal, written, listening, and presentation skills; strong leadership, networking, organizational, and motivational skills;
- Database management experience and the ability to maintain accurate records and prepare timely and meaningful reports;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Excel. Experience with web site design and Constant Contact is desired, but not required.
- Team player/able to work collaboratively and effectively with and among diverse populations. Must also be able to make decisions and solve problems independently and effectively;
- Commitment to Habitat’s mission and principles.
Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, or disability.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit resume and letter of interest to Habitat for Humanity Monterey Bay email firstname.lastname@example.org subject line Director Resource Development