Chief Executive Officer – Habitat for Humanity for San Luis Obispo County
Habitat for Humanity for San Luis Obispo County is seeking to hire a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to replace retiring current CEO. The CEO is HFHSLOCO’s chief executive and reports directly to the Board of Directors. The CEO has the necessary authority and ultimate responsibility for the effective operation and administration of HFHSLOCO, including compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and all policies, procedures, and practices required by Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI). The Board of Directors sets and approves the compensation and benefits for the Chief Executive Officer. The CEO also serves as an ex officio member of the Board and all committees with a vote. The CEO will ensure that HFHSLOCO operates in a fiscally responsible manner, maintain transparency and adequate funding to carry out its mission. The CEO will manage in an inclusionary manner, working collaboratively with stakeholders including government and corporate entities, homeowners, volunteers, related committees and non-profits.
Salary and Benefits: Commensurate with the position and expertise of applicant.
Start date: No later than March 1, 2019
Position Classification: Full time/ Exempt
- A Bachelor of Arts/Masters degree and/or a certificate in non-profit management, and/or 5 years similar executive/ leadership experience.
- Non-profit knowledge of or experience managing staff, financial management and reporting, creating an effective business environment, strategic planning, fund development and marketing, and public relations and public presentations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Public relations and marketing plans and activities, including presentations, advertising, brochures, press releases, and other media and marketing efforts.
- Knowledge of affordable housing development and/or Habitat for Humanity.
- Ability to connect with leaders in the community and build partnerships.
- Knowledge and experience in working with volunteers.
- Bilingual in Spanish desired, but not required.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Julia K. Ogden at email@example.com. No phone calls please.